Friday, April 20, 2012

Peking Duck Breasts

Recently whilst shopping at Coles I picked up a pack of 2 duck breast fillets. I have tried duck several times and never really got into, finding it too fatty or too dry. I wanted to try to make something I knew hubby and I would love, especially since hubby had never really tried duck. I researched this recipe on the Internet and then modified it to my liking. It was honestly one of the nicest things I have ever cooked, and I will definitely be cooking it again!!

Ingredients

2 duck breast fillets
1 1/2 tbs tomato sauce
1/2 tbs plum sauce
1/2 tbs sambal olek
1/4 tsp hoi sin sauce
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tbs brown vinegar
1 1/2 tbs sugar
small pinch five spice powder
2 tbs water
sesame seeds

Method

Preheat oven to 180C. Combine all ingredients except duck and sesame seeds in a saucepan, heat to dissolve sugar, and allow to concentrate to a thick sauce (about 10 min), stirring frequently.

Place duck breast skin side down in a moderately heated dry fry pan, cook for 4 min, turn over, cook 1 for min, add to dry baking dish skin side up, add a spoonful of Peking sauce to each, reserving some for plating up, cook for 12 min, at 180C (they may still be a little pink in the centre but duck is a coloured meat and completely safe to eat at this point). Remove from oven, add reserved sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with Asian vegetables; I used Choy Sum and julienne carrots and served with a thick soy based sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment