Sunday, April 22, 2012

Easy peasy chicken and sweet corn soup

I have had a lot of chicken and sweet corn soup in this lifetime, and I don't mean to offend anyone but I think this soup is often tasteless. Particularly in Chinese restaurants. It's bland and boring and thickened with cornflour - yuk.

Mine is the recipe my mother taught me. It is fast and the best version I have ever tasted. She probably wont want me to share this recipe, but I don't care! I hate to see a good meal butchered. And my version is so fast that when you don't feel like cooking this can be made in about 10 min. Yes, 10 min!

My recipe is also chicken free since I use a pre-made soup base, that's what makes it so fast. So feel free to add chicken to the recipe if you like, but this will obviously increase the cooking time. You may think this version sounds weird, but trust me - its excellent.

Ingredients
1 can Campbells Cream of Chicken soup
1 can creamed corn
1 can corn kernels
2 L water
6 rashers bacon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp garlic 
1-2 tbs stock powder (I prefer Vegeta Vegetable stock but chicken stock works equally well)
4 eggs

Method
Dice bacon. Lightly beat eggs.

Combine all ingredients (except eggs) in a pot. Bring to the boil. While this is happening, taste and if necessary adjust the salt level by adding more stock - I like mine a little salty. When the mixture is boiling turn the heat down to simmer and pour 1/4 of the egg mixture slowly into the pot in a circular motion. Wait for the egg to cook and rise and repeat until the egg is used up.

Serve. See - very quick!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment