Friday, April 20, 2012

Cumin, tomato and vanilla??? Is she crazy?

This is not some bizarre new combination of flavours for a dessert (like bacon chocolate cupcakes for instance, now that's weird!). No, this is a blog name. I had to come up with something unique - "Kylie's Kitchen" for instance was taken! So I will explain....

Cumin - my favourite herb, it smells so lovely!

Tomato - my favourite staple, I don't think I could go more than a few days without it!

Vanilla - my favourite scent, and one of the reasons why I love baking, vanilla essence, yum!

So now that that's explained, I will introduce myself, my name is Kylie, I live in the merry old land of Oz, and I love to cook! My mother, who is an excellent cook, taught me the love of the kitchen, and from there I have gone a little crazy! This year I decided I would start trying some new things, challenging myself to try to be a better cook. I started posting all my pictures on Facebook and got quite a reaction out of people, they were surprised I could cook like that I guess. Anyway my lovely sister-in-law suggested I start a blog, and I admit I had toyed with the idea of a blog before, but once she made the suggestion I decided I would definitely start one. So that's that!

I will try to post on a regular basis but to begin with it will be the back log of things I have created up to now (that I have a photo of) so it may seem kind of erratic! My apologies.

Lastly I will say that my focus is always good food, that's relatively nutritious, I like to create things from scratch, I think it tastes better, and I definitely have an interest in preserving since my mother lives on a farm and sends me home with more stuff than hubby and I can eat (see below), so I preserve what I can!

Produce from my mothers small farm; tomatoes, baby carrots, sweet potatoes, figs, potatoes, passion fruit and chillies!

I hope you enjoy my blog and please feel free to comment - I would love to hear what you think and any suggestions you may have for me as I embark on my journey to be a better cook!!

No comments:

Post a Comment