Sunday, June 3, 2012

Treacle Snaps

Treacle snaps are one of my husband's favourite biscuits; in case you're wondering - yes most of the sweets I make I don't eat, I just make them for my husband!

What I love about these biscuits is that first of all they are easy, second they are a little different since they're quite crunchy, and contain ground cloves, cinnamon and ginger (and smell really nice when baked), and third is that because they are coated in sugar they catch all the light from my down lights in my kitchen! They look so pretty under light and so many people have commented on them when they walk into my kitchen - telling me how professional they look. If only they knew how easy they were!

Ingredients

185 g softened butter
1 cup white sugar (and extra for coating)
1/4 cup treacle
1 egg
2 cups plain flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground ginger

Method

Cream butter, sugar and treacle until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg. In a seperate bowl, sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger, cloves and cinnamon. Add to the creamed mixture and beat until just combined.

Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius and lightly grease two baking trays.

Roll spoonfuls of the mixture into small balls, then roll these into sugar and place onto the baking tray, allowing plenty of room for spreading. Bake for 10 min, cool on the tray, then transfer to a wire rack.

Makes approximately 30.



No comments:

Post a Comment