Sunday, June 3, 2012

Double chocolate Hazelnut Rocky Road

If you're looking for a super simple sweet to make look no further than Rocky road. While I don't actually like it myself I make it all the time for my husband and my father. Rocky road should be made according to your personal taste. For instance my husband doesn't like the Glace Cherries so I leave them out for him but add them for my dad. Also my husband prefers Hazelnuts while I make it with Macadamia's for dad.

Either way, pick what you like, throw it into a dish and leave to set in the fridge for a few hours and you have a yummy and fuss-free dessert!

Ingredients

2 x 180 g blocks Milk cooking chocolate
2 x 180 g blocks White cooking chocolate
125 g Hazelnut kernels
1 pkt large pink and white marshmallows (I have used the small ones before and they don't work as well!)

Method

In a large microwave-safe bowl add two blocks of milk cooking chocolate broken into small pieces and microwave in short bursts until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Add baking paper to a square tin, then place marshmallows and hazelnut kernels in the base and pour over the milk chocolate. In a separate microwave-safe bowl add 1 - 2 blocks of white chocolate (depending on your preference) broken into small pieces and microwave in short bursts until melted and smooth. Pour over the milk chocolate, gently flattening it out to cover, but without trying to mix the two. Refrigerate for about 3 hours, then slice into small pieces and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment